Sunday 8 January 2017

Hymn to Isis



Hand drawn detailed winged egyptian goddess. ISIS. Hathor.Vector isolated illustration.
For I am the first and the last.
I am the venerated and the despised.
I am the prostitute and the saint.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am the mother and the daughter.
I am the arms of my mother.
I am barren and my children are many.
I am the married woman and the spinster.
I am the woman who gives birth and she
who never procreated.
I am the consolation for the pain of birth.
I am the wife and the husband.
And it was my man who created me.
I am the mother of my father.
I am the sister of my husband.
And he is my rejected son.
Always respect me
For I am the shameful and the magnificent one.

- 3rd or 4th century BCE, discovered in Nag Hammadi

No comments:

Post a Comment